Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Interesting week

Lastnight, I received a call from a professor I know. I was selected from a few choice students to meet with Earl Caldwell, a journalist whom I had only read about. He fought for his sources when a grand jury asked him to give names of his Black Panther contacts. It led to an unfavorable Supreme Court verdict, but the dissent is apparently being used today in many lower courts to justify source protection.

I've also been invited tomorrow to meet with a panelist from Washington, D.C. His name is Mathew Gardner, state tax policy directory for the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

It isn't so much that I'm spellbound as I'm just intrigued. I love to meet interesting people, and getting a chance to meet people who have such an effect on society . . . Well I'm impressed.

First climbing meeting tonight. I'm kind of nervous. I just need to focus and let it go in the right direction.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Ambitiously enduring.