Pages

Saturday, June 06, 2009

A little time in Chicago.

My hand tightens as does hers. Together we walk past a danger that isn't really a danger in a world to which I have never truly been exposed. And I notice that I am walking with someone who will go against the dangers to greet and meet this world. She will invite me to challenge my schemas. Already, she is winning.


Those were my thoughts Thursday night as we walked.


In this city, my paths are paved in concrete, but trees are abundant. And I can still smell the sweet taste of soil after a rain. I still feel lonely when I watch the sun set behind buildings instead of on the horizon. I feel pain when I notice no one looks up into passing eyes as people pass on the sidewalk. However, I find myself smiling when I see the children dancing in the park on my way home. And I love bicycling through the city.


So I am mixed about this city. I know what I am missing. Yet I know what I gain.


If there were nearby climbing, I think I could stay a lifetime. As for right now, I am looking to stay just a little while.


I will some day find my road out West, maybe just another day.





No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Ambitiously enduring.